Let's Get Started
Seed to Seedling has been organized into seven branches. Each branch explores a different tree-related topic and contains:
- The third and fourth grade California Content Standards addressed by the branch.
- A series of activities presented in standard lesson plan format.
- One or more student reading selections that can be used to build reading comprehension skills, teach the features of expository text, or simply be sent home as a supplementary reading assignment. Challenging vocabulary is printed in bold and may be pre-taught for English language development or used for dictionary work.
- Journal/discussion questions designed to help students synthesize their learning and develop skills in written and oral language.
- Extension activities to help differentiate instruction and engage every student.